Moments Between

Category: By Han Fei
Posted on 1 of January 2008

Today is 31 of December 2007, the last day of 2007.
Strange though, I supposed to be like other people enjoying my last day in 2007, I didn’t. I felt nothing. Nor excited nor depressing. It was as though I viewed this as my one of those usual boring days.

Actually, I was supposed to celebrate my countdown at my parish church, Saint Ignatius Church at Taman Mayang. But Plans changed, my mum decided that my grand parents are too old to be crowded with the crowd and get lost amongst it. We nodded in agreement. (Cause to be honest, I HATE crowded places; I rather go home watch TV). SO, we last minute decided to go to the Assumption located just beside Assunta Hospital to attend the 6p.m. evening mass.

In the church I realized, most attendants are either too old or too young, there doesn’t seem to be any teenagers at my age. I guessed most of them wanted to celebrate the countdown mass, unlike me. Haha… … I felt old.

During the mass, my mind kept thinking about New Year resolution.
Of course, I also did give thanks to the Lord this wondrous year, as this is definitely one of those years that give me most heart attacks/fears, joys, and regrets/embarrassments. I’m happy for many things which I don’t think writing down here in this post will be enough plus I’m too lazy to do so too.

The mass ended. And yet, my mind was still filled with my New Year resolution.
I could not think of anything for it. It was as though, I never had any ANY aim in life.
This was kind apathetic.

That night, I turned the TV browsing channels by channels hoping that our country would have some sort of specially program to watched, maybe I expected too much from my country, to my dismay there wasn’t much going on in the local broadcast, unlike Astro’s oversea channel where Taiwan have some sort of live programs celebrating their Last day, these channel started at 7 something while ours only started celebrating at 11.30 p.m. at least thru the TV. Fed up with such a boring night, I started playing my ps2 game at approximately 10.30p.m.

Then IT, IT ended abruptly without me realizing what had just happened. I only realized IT when I hear sound of fireworks echoing into the bright sky night just opposite of my house.
Year 2007 had just completed IT’s only task as the Year Master. Now it was 2008’s Turn to carry on the tradition.
By that time most members from family are either too bored thus went to bed early or too old to stay up late, or they just simply went out with their friends.

I walked out of my house and from there I caught a tiny/half glimpse of fireworks, hindered by the barrier of construction in front of house.
Then I saw children whose parents chose to stay were jumping as hard as they can in hope of at least having a single full glimpse of the whole fireworks scene. But they were too short to be compared with the barrier. Soon after they gave and walked away. While I, I went to higher ground by climbing the stone fence which was surrounding my house and caught a few pictures of the half fireworks.

These were the results:
Far away without Zoom.



SLlightly zoomed.






After taking the photos i resumed playing game and thus ended a night where the moments were between old and new.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?