My Day Off Reviews

Category: By Han Fei
Posted on 31 January 2008


Yes! Yes! YES!
I finally get my hands of the 4 figures that I been ordering!
A Parcel of 3 arrived today morning at 10.30 a.m.while the last and most important figure was collected using the traditional Cash on Delivery method at Taman Jaya today at 12.30 p.m.!



Okay, time to introduce my Babies…

----------------

1st off is the 3 Figures in the Parcel.

Tifa and Aerith
Origin: Final Fantasy 7 the game

Yep, the game, and not the Movie or sequels, the original design from 1997.

This one was out last month, and supposedly I receive her last month. But, due to the fact that I ordered them along with Zero/Saber which was predicted to be released in December was delayed to this month. So my shipment was delayed.

I brought these 2 because I never actually own a final fantasy vii game character, other than Advent Pieces Limited which I had to been to a lot of trouble just to get it.
Damn those customs! I was so tempted to get Cloud too, heck, I already had Advent Children Cloud, what the heck I get so much of Clouds for, I better save my money collecting other stuffs.

Tifa, her arms looks kinda out place, with those joints looking too obvious.
Aerith, I don’t really like her head…like kinda square-ish, maybe because of her fore head?

Anyway, currently ff7 no longer my cup of tea, and thus I wasn’t too keen on collecting them all. So the rate for them is…
Tifa 7/10
Aerith 6.5 /10

In Case you are wondering why i didn't put any photos about the figures, well, i don't feel like photographing them, compare with the other 2 these 2 aren't worth my time. ><

--------------
Zero/Saber
Origin: Fate/Zero

Ever heard of Fate/Stay Night visual Novel by TYPE-MOON?
Or rather the anime adaptation of the game?
Well, due to the overwhelming positive reception, TYPE-MOON decided to release another Fate series, this time serves as a Prequel taking place years before Fate/Stay Night, in Light Novel form. Too bad they didn’t have any plan to release an English Version of it.



The box was surprisingly thin and small compare with the rest of my figures box.
Anyway, I have to say, this figure is highly detailed and you can’t really find any defects from the 1st glance. She had a very stern expression which shows that she’s a very serious kinda of person and her pose indicates that she ready for anything, anytime.




The 2nd glance well…still can’t find any deformity.
Even the sword Excalibur is half transparent. Isn’t that cool?



Rating 9/10
Cause the pose is too simple. Heh.

MISC

See the word MADE IN CHINA?

--------------

Last and Most Important Figure I ever collected today.
This is the 1st edition, not the re-runs ones! Woo Hoo!

Char Rhouseman
Origin: Shuraki
An original character that does not appear in any games, animes or mangas, it is one of the original character created by the collaboration between Red-Entertainment and Good Smile Company. She is 3rd in line in the Shuraki Series.


There's a big dent on the box.



I had a very hard time to get this.
1st of all, I missed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd characters of the Shuraki series when it was announced for pre-orders, you can’t even pre-order them, cause people were so fast to order it was out of order in minutes, then you could have probably guessed that these babies were grabbed up in every store once they were released, thus I had to wait for the re-runs.
Luckily I browsed some local online stores and found that there one site that still have one unit left due to the fact that the person decided to cancel the order last minute and wanted to get the re-runs ones if GSC planning to do so. SO I got her.
Lucky, lucky me.
But so far I haven’t heard any news about it.

Well, Akatsuki (the re-run one) is now released out in the market and I’m waiting for mine to arrive.

Whatever, back to Char Rhouseman.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that this box doesn’t only come with figure but a booklet and a CD drama as well.

Figure.

Amongst the 4 figure I collected today, she is the most satisfying one, even if I compare her with the rest of my (tiny) collections. She’s heavy maybe because she’s made from 100% high quality material (you even see there’s steel thingy in her.); the paint job was striking and beautiful.


She had a very dynamic pose, and a very clear expression. Every part of she are so detail without flaw, (so far that I what I found), she looks so identical with the pictures all around, what I see online is what I get. Unlike some figures I had, especially the final fantasy ones.


Even though it wrote MADE IN CHINA at the corner of the box, which sorta give you a bad feeling, since well, nowadays some China Products… …well, you get the pictures.






I found that her clothes especially the red one is kinda hard to take it off, I had to use some brute force yet delicately to take it off, and when I’m done with the battle damage look, I had another bad time trying to put her back in the normal look. It took me for like 5-10 minutes each to get them look right.

The Booklet.

This booklet isn’t just a booklet, its cover is hard. And every page is colored, with some info about some characters.
Quite classy, it had some pictures of the character and scenes in the CD Drama. It also had contents for the CD drama and some lyrics. It was written 100% in Japanese so I can’t understand a word, save for a few kanji which looks like Chinese characters. SO anyone who have a translations for it please do inform me.
I had to know what’s happening to the Shuraki(s)!

The CD Drama.

I listened from the beginning till the end.
And don’t even understand a word they are saying. But I really enjoyed their voices, sweet, cool and nice. And the song at the end of the CD is pretty sweet. You can vaguely figure out what was happening (very burly) by judging their pitch and tone.
Again, anyone had a translated script?

At 1st I only took interest in Akatsuki, but soon, I had this weird urge to collect them all. I don’t very like them upon 1st sight, instead I viewed them as some sort of over cute looking figure with some sexy design and dynamic pose, but the more I stare at Char Rhouseman, the more I got hooked at her.

I’m so glad I got her!
My Precious~
Heh.


But still there 's manufacture stain on it.... slightly above her breast.


Comparison with the rest of my figures that arrived/received today.

As we all know, Shuraki doesn’t come cheap, but she’s really worth it. Like they said, ‘Get her while she’s still available’. She’s a masterpiece!

Rating: 9.5/10
The only problem I encounter is the clothes problem; I somehow can’t get her clothes back the way she used too, see?
You can see her bra….

But not so obvious lah, since my photograhp skill suck, and i had to do this in secret. Hah.

------------
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?